Understanding the current context and mapping all that needs to be done
Planning for mathematics pathways is a multifaceted endeavor. With equity as a priority, the leadership team must collect and review existing data, identify the problems that mathematics pathways will solve, define goals, and create a plan to meet the goals.
Institutional stakeholder involvement ranges across the various steps in Stage 2. Look for stakeholder-relevant icons that identify high-level engagement.
Institutional Stakeholder Groups Involved in Stage 2 Essential Actions and Steps
- High-level administrators (e.g., presidents, provosts, vice presidents)
- Departmental leadership (e.g., deans, department heads)
- Faculty (e.g., mathematics faculty, developmental education faculty, partner discipline faculty)
- Student supports (e.g., advisors, tutoring, first-year experience)
- Institutional researchers
Resources to support Stage 2, its essential action, and steps are provided throughout the guide.