- Missouri Department of Higher Education
In 2012, House Bill 1042, also known as Principles of Best Practice in Remedial Education, was signed into law, requiring all Missouri public institutions of higher education to “replicate best practices in remedial education.” Pursuant to this mandate, one best practice identified by the Missouri Department of Education (MDHE) and the Task Force on College and Career Readiness (TCCR) was the alignment of gateway mathematics courses to programs of study. In October 2014, the Missouri Math Pathways Task Force was organized, after Missouri was selected as one of six states to engage with Complete College America and the Charles A. Dana Center for the Building Math Pathways to Programs of Study (BMPPS) initiative.
The state was also selected to continue its math pathways work as part of the Dana Center's Mathematics Pathways to Completion project, which launched in late 2015. Through this project, Missouri continues to work towards full implementation of its task force recommendations.
Math Task Force Facilitator:
- Rusty Monhollon, Assistant Commissioner for Academic Affairs, Missouri Department of Higher Education
- Erik Anderson, Research Associate for Academic Affairs, Missouri Department of Higher Education
Math Task Force Co-Chairs:
- Tammy Randolph, Department Chair & Professor of Mathematics, Southeast Missouri State University
- Donna Kessler, Mathematics Instructor, Moberly Area Community College
- Linda Welsh, Educational Consultant and Adjunct Professor in the Community College Leadership program, Roueche Graduate Center, National American University