Institutional Action in Texas
The commitment between the Dana Center and TACC for higher education institutions in Texas opened the door for systemic change across multiple levels of the system (e.g., state, institution, classroom).
In 2013, 9 community colleges began working closely with the Dana Center as active collaborators to inform and advise on the development of the DCMP. As of May 2016, the DCMP has grown to include all 50 Texas community colleges and many Texas universities. Resources and tools have been developed by the Dana Center that can be used to help institutions make informed decisions about DCMP implementation based on their local needs.
- Using Multiple TSI Readiness Designations for Mathematicsview full resourceDownloadFile
- Growing Portability of Entry-Level Mathematics in University Core Curriculum in Texasview full resourceDownloadFile
- DCMP Implementation Guideview full resourceDownloadFile
- The DCMP in Texas: Active-Learning Sites and Capacity-Building Sitesview full resourceDownloadFile
- Sample Implementation Plans:
Explore the institutional implementation process, its steps, and recommended resources at Take Action - Institutional Level.
Watch Implementing the DCMP at Temple College: A Case Study of Intra-Institutional Scale in Action to hear different perspectives of math pathways implementation across multiple levels an institution.
The expansion of math pathways in Texas has highlighted several important opportunities that have continued to broadened Dana Center resources and tools. One such opportunity is supporting Texas institutions to scale their math pathways to become normative practice. As such, institutional scaling tools were designed to support all institutions as they addressed challenges in scaling math pathways.
- Full Institutional Scaling Tools
- Introduction and Readiness Assessmentview full resourceDownloadFile
- Guide to Aligning Mathematics Pathways to Programs of Studyview full resourceDownloadFile
- Guide to Aligning Mathematics Pathways to Programs of Study Templateview full resourceDownloadFile
- Sample Math Pathways Listview full resourceDownloadFile
- A Guide for Setting Goals for Scalingview full resourceDownloadFile
- Setting Goals for Scaling Toolview full resourceDownloadFile
- Creating Effective Advising Toolsview full resourceDownloadFile
- Resource article, Faculty Orientations Toward Instructional Reformview full resourceDownloadFile
- Building Faculty Engagement and Leadership Toolview full resourceDownloadFile
- High Impact Practices Resourceview full resourceDownloadFile
- High Impact Practices Planning Toolview full resourceDownloadFile
In Fall 2015, several Texas colleges were awarded scaling grants. Grant recipients receive additional support from the Dana Center as they work towards the goal of enrolling 90% of first-time in college (FTIC) students into the math pathway best aligned to their program of study.
Scaling Grant Colleges:
- Dallas County Community College System - Brookhaven
- Lone Star College - Kingwood
- Midland College
- Ranger College
- Victoria College